LOCAL MISSIONS EXPERIENCE
One of our values at Heartland is Serving Others Freely. This value says:
- We will meet the practical needs of our community by giving sacrificially of our time and resources, with no strings attached. To equip ourselves, we will seek to develop and use all the gifts.
At the Gate, we value our community and want to balance our global partnerships with local missions experiences. This summer, the Gate will begin a new partnership with Shiloh Youth Ranch. We look forward to an exciting upcoming summer and hope you will be part of the experience.
If you would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELCOME TO SHILOH YOUTH RANCH!
Where “at risk” children and youth are loved, accepted, encouraged, and mentored.
WHO THEY ARE
Shiloh Youth Ranch is a summer Christian camp for at-risk children and youth ages 7-17. Shiloh Youth ranch provides an opportunity for at-risk children and youth to experience a week-long, high impact relational summer camp. Many of these children and youth, without the ministry of Shiloh, may never have the opportunity to receive hope, encouragement, acceptance, mentoring and unconditional love.
WHAT THEY DO
Shiloh Youth Ranch offers Horsemanship riding programs, archery, swimming, recreation activities and crafts and a good ‘ol campfire time every evening with live bands, speakers, skits, events and mentoring sessions. With a focus on the old west our campers stay in covered wagons, eat together in our dining hall and build lifelong friendships and memories.
MISSION AND VALUES
Facilitating positive life change in at risk children and youth
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SHILOH YOUTH RANCH CAN BE FOUND HERE!
WATCH A VIDEO INTRODUCING YOU TO THE MINISTRY OF SHILOH!
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
We will be working alongside the Shiloh staff team during our weeks of ministry. This will include cabin leading, activity supervision, sharing testimonies, and general grunt work.
WHAT ARE THE DATES OF THE CAMP
June 26-28 – Staff Camp
July 5-8: Ages 7-8
- Team will consist of Junior High, High School & Recent Grads
July 19-23: Ages 10-12
- Team will consist of Grade 9, High School & Recent Grads
July 26-31: Ages 12-14
- Team will consist of High School & Recent Grads
For each of the three weeks of camp we will be sending a team of 10-15. These teams will be under the leadership of Emily Kirk and Daniel Briscall who will act as our liaisons between Shiloh and Heartland.
- Monday, April 6 - Applications and Deposits are Due
- Tuesday, April 14 – Applicant Interviews
- Tuesday, April 21 – Team Meeting
- Saturday, May 9 – Shiloh Work Day
- Tuesday, May 19 – Team Meeting
- Friday, May 29–Saturday May 30 – Team Bootcamp
- Tuesday, June 23 – Team Meeting